8th Annual Regional Parent Conference
Posted by Rocio Palacios on Monday, November 03, 2014
To: Migrant Education Program Staff, Participating Districts – Region 1
From: Norma Flores and Veronica Ramos
Date: November 03, 2014
Re: 8th Regional Parent Conference— Parent Participants
Our 8th Regional Migrant Parent Conference will take place at the SCCOE located at 1290 Ridder Park Dr, San Jose, CA 95131 Saturday January 31, 2015. The conference will take place from 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM. Region 1 Migrant Education Program staff is excited to plan and organize this very valuable parent event. This year’s conference theme is:
“Todos Unidos Hacia el Exito”
Following are the detailed instructions for selecting and submitting the names of parent participants:
1. No limit to parent participants. All are welcomed as long as they submit their name to their corresponding district.
2. The maximum capacity of parents will be 300 on a first come first serve basis.
3. A continental breakfast as well as a lunch buffet will be provided but please beware that there will be no childcare provided. The regional conference is for parents only.
4. Submit the names of all parents that will attend. Please be sure to submit only the names of parents who have been confirmed as definitely attending the conference.
5. Provide all requested information on the online registration form.
6. Include a District Contact & Number (preferably a cell number) for a district employee we can reach if we are having problems contacting your parent participant.
7. Submit the online registration to the Migrant Regional Office by the deadline of January 23rd, 2015, at 5:00 p.m. No submissions or alterations to the list will be accepted after the deadline.
Please ensure that your migrant staff and all mainstream staff working with migrant parents receive information about the Regional Parent Conference. If you need any assistance, please feel free to contact Norma Flores at (408) 453 6507, or Norma_Flores@sccoe.org
We are looking forward to your support in promoting parent involvement. Thanks again for your commitment to migrant students and their families. Registration Link: